While filling hold the pen and the ink pot together.
Instructions for filling your piston fountain pens using the Visconti portable ink well.
To practice filling your pen, it is recommended that you try the following operation once or twice with water.
- Remove the stopper, pulling gently
- Fill the ink well with the dropper, taking care not to stain the seal
- Do not overfill!! The correct level is about 1 cm (1/4 inch) below the seal
- Unscrew the blind cap of the pen allowing any remaining ink to drop in the ink well
- Press the pen firmly in into the ink well (the section must secure the seal)
- Upturn the ink well and the pen
- Fill the pen and screw the blind cap back into position
- To increase the capacity of the pen, repeat the filling operation (unscrew the blind cap and screw it back into position)
- Turn until the pen is in the 12 o'clock position and the ink well in the 6 o'clock position and gently remove the pen from the ink well
- Carefully dry the nib and the filler
- Inside the stopper there is a piece of cotton wool in case of emergency. Lift the stopper with a coin