Instructions for filling your Visconti pen with the Visconti portable ink well.
To practice filling your pen, it is recommended that you try the following operation once or twice with water.
- Remove the stopper, pulling gently
- Fill the ink well with the dropper, taking care not to stain the seal
- Do not overfill!! The correct level is about 1 cm (1/4 inch) below the seal
- Press the pen firmly in into the ink well (the section must secure the seal)
- Unscrew the blind cap of the pen
- Remove the piston from the pen
- Upturn the ink well and the pen
- Press the piston once firmly and count to five
- To increase the capacity of the pen, repeat steps F) and H)
- Turn the ink well again, whilst holding it, re-screw the blind cap to the pen
- Remove the pen from the ink well taking care not to touch the seal with the nib (so as not to stain it)
- Immediately replace the stopper back in the ink well
- Carefully dry the nib
- Inside the stopper there is a piece of cotton wool in case of emergency. Lift the stopper with a coin